Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Kids Will Be Kids

Becoming a father is the best thing that has ever happened in my life. Being a father means I get to remember how it was to play silly games such as, pretending to be a cat and playing with my parents in my room and making a huge mess.Playing with the kids has become my favorite past time. There is nothing in the world more fun then making a mess and having mom get upset and telling us kids ,including Dad to clean it up now. The down side is when I have to be a parent. When my kids get angry and I need to find a way to teach them a better way to deal with those feelings. Then I realized, they are getting those actions from me. The entire time I've been doing one thing and saying another, funny how I didn't notice until now. Now is the time I need to change the way I deal with my feelings so they don't act out the same as I have in the past. In doing this, my kids and I start to grow together, another reason I love my job as DAD!!!!!!!
I love looking back and seeing how I've changed along the way so that my kids become better adults then I was, or am. So, they can over come more in their lives then I have. Being a dad is the best learning experience I could have asked for. Thank You God!
!!Children truly are a blessing from GOD!!

5 comments:

  1. I think it's admirable that you saw the sequence of how your own actions were prominent in your children. I wish so many more parents could see that. Kids mimic their parents...Mom and Dad are superheroes to them. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no better way to keep ones self in check than viewing yourself through your childrens eyes!
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we have to be careful what our kids are recording in their minds from us, because at some time or another, they hit rewind and play.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely. We've been able to get some help from a book by Danny Silk, and it helped us to reconnect with our 14 yr old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly, the kids learn from a rolemodel. Be a good role model and you get a good kid. :)

    ReplyDelete